A satisfying, low-fat quiche for breakfast, brunch or dinner.
1 (9-inch) baked pie shell*
1 tablespoon butter
1/2 cup chopped celery
1/2 cup chopped green pepper
1/2 cup chopped onion
1/2 cup diced cooked lean ham or turkey ham
1/2 cup shredded, reduced-fat cheddar cheese
6 large eggs
1 cup skim milk
1/2 teaspoon salt, optional
1/2 teaspoon paprika
Onion slices separated into rings, optional
Green onion curls (optional)
- In small skillet over medium heat, cook celery, pepper, and onion in butter until tender but not brown, about 6 minutes.
- Sprinkle vegetables, ham, and cheese into pie shell.
- Beat together eggs, milk, salt, if desired, and paprika until well blended. Pour over vegetable mixture.
- Bake preheated 375ºF (190ºC) oven until knife inserted near center comes out clean, about 30 to 40 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
- Garnish with onion rings and onion curls, if desired.
Makes 2 to 4 servings.
*If frozen use deep-dish style.
Recipe provided courtesy of the American Egg Board.