Creamy Corn Omelet
A delicious, creamed 'fresh corn' oven omelet.
4 ears fresh corn (about 2 pounds)
1/2 cup half-and-half
1/2 teaspoon salt
Dash of freshly ground pepper
4 large eggs, separated
2 tablespoon butter or margarine
- Cut corn from cobs, scraping cobs well to remove milk. Combine corn, half-and-half, salt and pepper in a large bowl.
- Beat egg yolks at medium speed of an electric mixer until thick and pale; add to corn mixture, stirring well.
- Beat egg whites at high speed until stiff peaks form; gently fold into corn mixture.
- Melt butter in a 10-inch ovenproof skillet over medium-low heat. Pour corn mixture into skillet; cook, uncovered, 15 minutes.
- Transfer skillet to oven, and bake, uncovered, at 350°F (175°C) for 15 to 18 minutes or until golden. Cut into wedges. Serve immediately.
Makes 4 servings.