Egg and Rice Bake
This cheese, egg and rice casserole makes a delicious meatless entrée for brunch or dinner.
1 1/2 cups rice
1 (10-ounce) package frozen peas
2 tablespoons diced pimientos
2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
1 tablespoon grated onion
1/3 cup butter, melted
1/2 cup shredded processed cheese spread
6 large eggs
1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Cook the rice according to the directions on the package. Set aside.
- Cook frozen peas according to the package directions; drain.
- In a bowl, combine peas, cooked rice, pimientos, parsley, grated onion, melted butter and shredded processed cheese spread; mix well.
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Spoon into a greased 8 x 8-inch baking dish. Make six 2-inch wells in the rice mixture using the back of a spoon. Break open eggs, placing one in each well. Sprinkle cheddar cheese on top.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until the eggs are set.
Makes 6 servings.