Farmers Market Omelets
Recipe courtesy of the American Egg Board.
4 large eggs
1/4 cup water
2 teaspoons freshly grated Parmesan cheese
1/2 teaspoon dried basil leaves
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
2 teaspoons butter
1/2 cup sliced mushrooms
1/2 cup thinly sliced yellow summer squash
1/2 cup thinly sliced zucchini
1/4 cup chopped red bell pepper
2 tablespoons water
- Combine filling ingredients in 7 to 10-inch nonstick omelet pan or skillet. Cook and stir over medium heat until water has evaporated and vegetables are crisp-tender, 3 to 4 minutes. Remove from pan; keep warm. Clean pan.
- Beat eggs, 1/4 cup water, cheese, basil and garlic powder in medium bowl until blended.
- Heat butter in same pan over medium-high heat until hot. Tilt pan to coat bottom. Pour in 1/2 of the egg mixture. Mixture should set immediately at edges.
- Gently push cooked portions from edges toward the center with inverted turner so that uncooked eggs can reach the hot pan surface. Continue cooking, tilting pan and gently moving cooked portions as needed.
- When top surface of eggs is thickened and no visible liquid egg remains, place 1/2 of the filling on one side of the omelet.
- Fold omelet in half with turner and slide onto plate; keep warm. Repeat with remaining egg mixture and filling to make second omelet. Serve immediately.
Makes 2 servings.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/2 of recipe): Calories: 204; Total Fat: 14g; Saturated Fat: 6g; Cholesterol: 435mg; Total Carbs: 5g; Fiber: 1g; Protein: 15g; Sodium: 172mg.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of the American Egg Board.