Florida Lobster Quiche
Recipe courtesy of Florida Agriculture Bureau of Seafood and Aquaculture.
1 (9-inch) unbaked pie shell
1 1/2 cups chopped cooked Florida lobster meat
1/2 cup shredded Swiss cheese
1/4 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
4 large eggs, well beaten
1/4 cup white wine
1 cup half-and-half
1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
1/2 cup green onions, chopped
1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Spread lobster meat in the pie shell; top with cheeses.
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine eggs, wine, half-and-half, Worcestershire sauce, mustard, green onions, salt and pepper. Pour mixture over lobster and cheeses. Sprinkle top with nutmeg.
- Bake at 350°F (175°C) for 40 minutes until custard is set. Cool for 10 minutes before cutting.
- Serve hot or at room temperature as an appetizer or main dish.
Makes 4 servings.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/4 of recipe): Calories: 320; Calories From Fat: 168; Cholesterol: 318mg; Total Carbs: 6g; Protein: 28g.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of Florida Agriculture Bureau of Seafood and Aquaculture.