Fruit 'N Honey Granola
Start the day with a bowl of wholesome granola and milk, or eat it 'as is' for a quick and tasty afternoon snack when you need an extra boost of energy.
3 1/2 cups old fashioned oats
1 cup sweetened or unsweetened flaked coconut
1/2 cup slivered almonds
1/2 cup honey
1/4 cup butter, melted
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 (6-ounce) package diced dried mixed fruit or your favorite dried fruit (about 1 1/3 cups)
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Combine oats and pecans in a large bowl, mixing well.
- Spread evenly in a lightly greased 15 x 10-inch jelly roll pan or on rimmed baking sheet.
- In small bowl, combine honey, butter, vanilla, cinnamon and salt; mix well. Pour over oat mixture; mix well.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until golden brown, stirring every 10 minutes. Stir in dried fruit. Cool completely.
- Store tightly covered.
Makes 5 1/2 cups granola.