Golden Crêpe Lorraine Cups
These delectable ham, egg and Gruyère crêpe cups are sure to be a hit at a weekend brunch buffet.
12 (4-inch) crêpes*
2 large eggs
1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon white or black pepper
1 cup milk
1/2 cup white onion, finely minced
1 cup diced ham
1/2 cup shredded Gruyère cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Treat a 12-cup muffin pan with cooking spray. Line each cup with a crêpe.
- In a medium mixing bowl, beat the eggs, nutmeg, and pepper together. Add the milk and mix.
- In the bottom of each crêpe cup, place an equal amount of the minced onion. Repeat with the cheese and then the ham.
- Pour an equal amount of the egg mixture into each of the crêpe cups (about 2/3 ounce).
- Bake for 25 minutes or until the filling has set and is slightly brown. Cool briefly and serve.
Makes 12 servings.
*These can be purchased frozen, or use your favorite batter recipe.
Recipe provided courtesy of Wisconsin Milk Marketing Board, Inc.