You don't have to be a chef, or even a great cook, to make a gourmet quiche.
1 cup onion, chopped
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 1/2 cups chopped broccoli
1 cup milk
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
2 large eggs
1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
1/4 cup wheat germ
1/8 teaspoon paprika
1 (9-inch) unbaked pie shell
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Sauté onion in oil. Add broccoli and sauté another minute.
- In a small bowl, mix together milk, cheddar cheese, eggs, Parmesan cheese and wheat germ.
- Place the onion/broccoli mixture in the unbaked pie shell, pouring the egg mixture on top. Sprinkle with paprika.
- Bake 40 to 45 minutes, or until the center is set. Cool before cutting.
Makes 6 servings.