Granola French Toast
Change up the everyday French toast experience with this tasty recipe from Rachel Ray. A great source of fiber and vitamins, granola adds crunchy goodness to French toast.
1/2 cup seedless raspberry jam
1 cup fresh or frozen raspberries
3 cups granola
4 large eggs
2 cups milk
8 (1-inch thick) slices challah bread
5 tablespoons unsalted butter
- In a small saucepan, heat the jam and 1/4 cup water over medium heat. Stir in the raspberries and remove from heat.
- Using a food processor, grind the granola into fine crumbs; transfer to a wide, shallow bowl.
- In a medium bowl, beat the eggs and milk. Add the bread and soak until saturated.
- In batches, transfer the bread to the granola crumbs, heavily coating each slice.
- In a large, heavy skillet, melt 2 1/2 tablespoons butter over medium heat. Working in batches, add the granola-coated bread and cook, turning occasionally, until golden, about 6 minutes per side. Repeat with the remaining butter and bread slices.
- Serve warm with the raspberry sauce.
Makes 4 servings.
Recipe and photograph provided courtesy of Every Day with Rachael Ray, February 2008, www.rachaelraymag.com.