Green Eggs and Ham Mini Tartlets
Mini tartlets that are quick and easy make. A wonderful addition to a holiday brunch buffet, too! Recipe by Melissa d’Arabian.
1/3 cup fully-cooked boneless ham, finely chopped
4 (1/2-inch thick) slices soft white sandwich bread, crusts removed
2 tablespoons butter, softened
1/2 cup frozen chopped spinach, thawed, squeezed dry
2 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese, softened
3 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan cheese
1 teaspoon 2% milk
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
4 medium eggs
Fresh ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Press white bread with palm of hand until flat and doughy, and butter both sides. Gently place in 2 1/2-inch muffin cups or 4-ounce ramekins, pressing to form 4 individual tartlet crusts.
- Mix spinach, cream cheese, Parmesan cheese, milk, and garlic powder in small bowl; set aside.
- To Assemble Tarts: divide ham among the 4 bread cups in muffin cups, crack 1 egg into each tartlet crust, season with pepper, and top with a generous spoonful of spinach mixture.
- Bake in oven for 12 to 14 minutes or until egg whites are firm, but yolks are still moist. Cool slightly. If using muffin cups, remove from cups to serve.
Makes 4 servings.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/4 of recipe): Calories: 250 calories; Protein: 13 grams; Fat: 17 grams; Sodium: 520 milligrams; Cholesterol: 240 milligrams; Saturated Fat: 9 grams; Carbohydrates: 10 grams; Fiber: 1 grams.
Recipe and photograph provided courtesy of National Pork Board.