Ham and Egg Brunch Bake
Breakfast casseroles make entertaining stress-free because they are made ahead of the event, whether it's for a brunch buffet or breakfast for overnight guests.
6 to 7 slices firm white bread
1 pound baked ham, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
1/2 pound aged Wisconsin Cheddar cheese, cut in 1/2 inch cubes
3 large eggs
2 cups milk
1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup (2 sticks) butter, melted
- Butter a 13 x 9 x 2 inch baking dish.
- Cut bread into 1/2 inch cubes and combine with ham cubes. Spread over bottom of baking dish. Sprinkle with cheese cubes.
- Beat eggs until well blended; add milk, mustard and salt and blend. Pour milk mixture over bread mixture. Pour melted butter over top of pan.
- Cover pan with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
- Remove pan from refrigerator; discard wrap.
- Bake in a 325°F (160°C) oven for 1 hour.
- Cut into serving pieces and serve while warm.
Makes 8 servings.
Note: This recipe must be made the night before so the bread properly absorbs the milk mixture.
Recipe provided courtesy of Wisconsin Milk Marketing Board, Inc.