Ham and Eggs in Puff Pastry
Recipe courtesy of the American Egg Board.
2 large eggs, well beaten
1 tablespoon prepared mustard
2 teaspoons lemon juice
1 (10-ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, defrosted and squeezed dry
4 hard-boiled eggs, chopped
1 cup chopped ham
1/2 cup shredded Swiss cheese (2 ounces)
1 sheet frozen puff pastry, defrosted
- Preheat oven to 425°F (220°C).
- Reserve 2 tablespoons beaten egg for glazing. Mix remaining beaten eggs, mustard and lemon juice in large bowl. Add spinach; mix well. Add hard-boiled eggs, ham and cheese; mix gently.
- Roll puff pastry on lightly floured surface into 15x9-inch rectangle. Brush lightly with some of the reserved beaten egg. Spoon spinach mixture lengthwise down center of pastry. Fold sides of pastry over filling, pinching edges together in center to seal; pinch short ends of pastry to seal.
- Place, seam-side-down, on lightly greased baking sheet. Brush top and sides with remaining beaten egg. Cut 5 diagonal slashes across top of pastry for steam vents.
- Bake in 425°F (220°C) oven until pastry is golden brown and filling is heated through, about 20 minutes. Cut crosswise into 1-inch slices.
Makes 6 servings.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/6 of recipe): Calories: 369; Total Fat: 24g; Saturated Fat: 6g; Cholesterol: 231mg; Total Carbs: 22g; Fiber: 2g; Protein: 17g; Sodium: 424mg.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of the American Egg Board.