Ham and Swiss Quiche
Quiche is a dish perfect for any meal of the day. A deep-dish pie shell filled with the delicious ingredients including savory ham, Swiss cheese and evaporated milk. Try the mini quiche variations as a starter to a meal or serve them alone as a snack.
1 unbaked 9-inch (4-cup volume) deep-dish pie shell
1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese - divided use
1 cup finely chopped, cooked ham
2 green onions, sliced
1 (12-ounce) can NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
3 large eggs
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Sprinkle 1/2 cup cheese, ham and green onions into pie shell.
- Whisk together evaporated milk, eggs, flour, salt and black pepper in large bowl. Pour mixture into pie shell; sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake for 45 to 50 minutes or until knife inserted near center comes out clean. Cool on wire rack for 10 minutes before serving.
Makes 8 servings.
- For Lattice-Top Quiche: Use ready-made pie pastry for single crust pie. Cut pastry into 1/2-inch-wide strips. Lay pastry strips over filling in lattice-fashion, turning pastry over outside edge of dish. Bake as directed above.
- For Mini-Quiche Appetizers: Use 1 1/2 packages (3 crusts) refrigerated pie crusts. Grease miniature muffin pans. Unfold crust on lightly floured surface. Cut 14 (2 1/2-inch) circles from each crust. Press 1 circle of dough into bottom and up sides of each cup. Repeat with remaining crusts. Combine cheese, ham, green onions, 2/3 cup (5 ounce can) evaporated milk, 2 eggs (lightly beaten), 2 tablespoons flour, salt and black pepper in large bowl; mix well. Spoon mixture into crusts, filling 3/4 full. Bake in preheated 350°F (175°C) oven for 20 to 25 minutes or until crusts are golden brown. Cool slightly; lift quiche from cup with tip of knife. Serve warm or cool and freeze for later entertaining. Makes 3 1/2 dozen.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/8 of recipe): Calories: 362 Calories from Fat: 189 Total Fat: 21 g Saturated Fat: 8.7 g Cholesterol: 150 mg Sodium: 358 mg Carbohydrates: 26.8 g Dietary Fiber: 0 g Sugars: 0 g Protein: 17.1 g.
Recipe and photograph are the property of Nestlé® and Meals.com, used with permission.