Heart-Healthy Mashed Idaho® Potato Omelet
Recipe courtesy of the Idaho Potato Commission.
1/3 cup egg substitute
2 large egg whites
4 tablespoons prepared mashed Idaho® potatoes
1 tablespoon (heaping) fat-free Greek yogurt
1 tablespoon thinly sliced green onion
2 tablespoons shredded low-fat cheddar cheese
- Whisk together egg substitute and whites.
- Make omelet in the standard method, but do not fold.
- When the omelet is cooked, spread mashed potatoes on top. Put yogurt on top of potatoes. Add the green onion and grated cheese.
- Put briefly under a broiler or in the oven to melt cheese.
- Serve with a fruit garnish.
Makes 1 serving.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1 recipe): Calories: 140; Total Fat: 1g; Cholesterol: 5mg; Total Carbs: 11g; Protein: 21g; Sodium: 360mg.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of the Idaho Potato Commission.