Hearty Baked Oatmeal
Serve this hearty, cinnamon-scented baked oatmeal with fruit and milk or yogurt.
1 1/2 cups milk
2 large eggs, lightly beaten
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
2 1/2 cups quick or old fashioned oats
3/4 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt
Milk or light cream
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Lightly grease a 1 1/2-quart baking dish with vegetable shortening.
- Combine milk, eggs, oil and vanilla in medium bowl, mixing well. Set aside.
- Combine oats, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon and salt in large bowl, mixing well. Add liquid ingredients; mix until well blended. Let stand about 15 minutes.
- Pour into prepared baking dish.
- Bake, uncovered, 35 to 45 minutes or until center is dry and firm to the touch. Cool slightly before serving.
- Top with fruit and milk or yogurt, as desired.
Makes 6 servings.