Huckleberry Puffed Pancake
A golden, puffy oven pancake generously dusted with powdered sugar and served with fresh huckleberries.
4 large eggs
1 cup milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/3 cup butter or margarine
2 cups fresh huckleberries
- Preheat oven to 450°F (230°C).
- Whisk together eggs, milk, and vanilla. Add flour and beat until very smooth.
- Place butter in a quiche pan and melt in oven. When butter has melted, pour in batter.
- Bake 20 minutes until puffed and golden.
- Generously dust with powdered sugar and serve with fresh huckleberries.
Makes 4 servings.
Tip: Substitute seasonal fruit such as fresh strawberries or peaches, black cherries and toasted almonds, or sautéed apples sweetened with brown sugar for the huckleberries.