Idaho® Potato-Caraway Waffle
Terrific waffles for supper! Recipe courtesy of Peter R. Tzeschlock, Culinary Arts Instructor, FCAVC Culinary Arts Program in Auburn, Indiana.
2 large potatoes
4 large eggs
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
1 tablespoon fine chopped caraway seeds
Club soda, as needed
Small piece bacon rind
- Boil potatoes in water until done; drain, and peel. Press through a ricer.
- With a electric hand-beater mix mashed potatoes with eggs, flour, Parmesan and caraway until you have a thick dough. Add a little club soda and blend until you have a slightly running batter (like a thick pancake-batter).
- Preheat the waffle iron, rub with the fat-side of the bacon rind. Add the batter and bake to a golden brown. After each waffle rub the iron with the bacon rind before making another.
- Serve the waffle immediately.
- Great served with a strong dark beer.
Makes 4 servings.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of the Idaho Potato Commission.