Idaho® Potato Breakfast Bake
Recipe courtesy of Chef Mario Serrano, of the Hyatt Regency Pier Sixty-Six in Fort Lauderdale, Florida.
1 large Idaho® potato, baked
1 tablespoon butter
2 large eggs
2 slices bacon, cooked and diced
2 tablespoons shredded cheese
1 tablespoon flat-leaf parsley, chopped
Salt and ground black pepper, to taste
Sour cream for accompaniment (optional)
Pico de gallo for accompaniment (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Wash Idaho® potato and pierce 2 or 3 times with a fork or sharp knife; bake 30 to 40 minutes or until tender when pierced with a fork.
- Lay the baked potato on its side and use a knife to carefully cut off the top third of the potato.
- With a spoon, hollow out the middle of the potato to make a "bowl" leaving the potato as thick or thin as you would like. The more room you leave the more room for eggs, bacon and cheese.
- Place tablespoon of butter in the middle of potato "bowl".
- Gently break an egg into potato "bowl", careful not to break the yolk.
- Top with bacon, cheese and parsley. salt and ground black pepper to taste.
- Bake at 350°F (175°C) for 20 to 25 minutes or until the egg whites are set.
- Serve immediately, accompanied with sour cream and pico de gallo, if desired.
Makes 1 serving. (Increase recipe per serving as needed.)
Recipe and photograph courtesy of the Idaho Potato Commission.