Mexican Ham and Egg Brunch
South-of-the-border flavors in a convenient make-ahead, bake the next day, breakfast casserole dish.
4 slices bread, cubed
1 cup cooked ham, diced
1 cup cubed or shredded cheddar cheese
4 large eggs
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
1 cup tomato based mild salsa
- Layer in a greased 9-inch square baking pan the bread cubes, diced ham and shredded cheese.
- Beat together the eggs, salt and dry mustard; stir in the salsa.
- Pour egg mixture over top of layered mixture. Cover mixture tightly and refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Bake casserole, uncovered, for about 45 minutes or until set and lightly browned. Let set for 10 minutes before serving.
Makes 4 servings.
Tip: Recipe may be doubled and baked in a 13x9x2-inch baking pan.