Microwave 3-Minute Breakfast Hash
No time for breakfast? Try this simple microwave combo of eggs, hash browns and cheese for a quick filling breakfast.
This recipe is an excellent source of choline, and a good source of protein, vitamin D and calcium.
1/2 cup frozen potatoes O'Brien or shredded hash browns
1 large egg
Salt and ground black pepper to taste (optional)
Shredded cheddar cheese
Ketchup or BBQ sauce (optional)
- Coat 8-ounce microwave-safe ramekin or small cereal bowl with cooking spray. Add potatoes; microwave on HIGH 1 minute until hot. Season with salt and pepper, if desired. Break egg into bowl. Beat egg with fork until blended.
- Microwave on HIGH 30 seconds; stir. microwave until egg is almost set, about 15 to 30 seconds longer.
- Top with cheese. Serve with ketchup or BBQ sauce, if desired.
Makes 1 serving.
- Don't overcook. Scrambled eggs will continue to cook and firm up after removed from microwave.
- Microwave ovens vary. Cook time may need to be adjusted.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1 recipe): Calories: 168; Total Fat: 9 g (Saturated fat: 5 g; Polyunsaturated fat: 1 g; Monounsaturated fat: 3 g) Cholesterol: 201 mg; Sodium: 172 mg; Carbohydrates: 9 g; Dietary Fiber: 1 g; Protein: 10 g; Vitamin A: 411.5 IU; Vitamin D: 44.4 IU; Folate: 26 mcg; Calcium: 129.8 mg; Iron: 1 mg; Choline: 127.9 mg.
Recipe and photograph provided courtesy of the American Egg Board (AEB) and Egg Nutrition Center (ENC).