Microwave Denver Scrambled Slider
Recipe courtesy of the American Egg Board.
2 tablespoons chopped red or green bell peppers
1 tablespoon chopped onion
1 large egg
1 thin slice deli ham, chopped ( 1-ounce)
1 tablespoon water
1 slider-size bun or whole wheat English muffin, split, toasted
- Place peppers and onions in 8-ounce ramekin or custard cup. Microwave on HIGH 30 seconds; stir. Add egg, ham and water, beat until egg is blended.
- Microwave on HIGH 30 seconds; stir. Microwave until egg is almost set, 30 to 45 seconds longer. Season with salt and ground black pepper, if desired.
- Serve in bun with ketchup, as desired.
Makes 1 serving.
- Don't overcook. Scrambled eggs will continue to cook and firm up after removed from microwave.
- Microwave ovens vary. Cook time may need to be adjusted.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1 recipe): Calories: 204; Total Fat: 7g; Saturated Fat: 2g; Cholesterol: 197mg; Total Carbs: 22g; Fiber: 2g; Protein: 14g; Sodium: 488mg.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of the American Egg Board.