Microwave Mexican Coffee Cup Scramble
Recipe courtesy of the American Egg Board.
1/2 cup frozen shredded hash browns
1 large egg
1 tablespoon water
Black bean and corn salsa
Shredded Mexican cheese blend
- Coat a 12-ounce microwave-safe coffee mug with cooking spray. Add hash browns. Microwave on HIGH 1 minute.
- Add egg and water; beat until blended.
- Microwave on HIGH 30 seconds; stir.
- Microwave until egg is almost set, 15 to 30 seconds longer.
- Season with salt and ground black pepper, if desired. Top with salsa and cheese.
Makes 1 serving.
Note: Microwave ovens vary. Cooking times may need to be adjusted.
Nutrition information per serving includes 2 tablespoons salsa and 2 tablespoons cheese.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1 recipe): Calories: 228; Total Fat: 10g; Saturated Fat: 4g; Cholesterol: 199mg; Total Carbs: 23g; Fiber: 2g; Protein: 12g; Sodium: 320mg.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of the American Egg Board.