Microwave Mexican Omelet
Recipe courtesy of the American Egg Board.
2 large eggs
2 tablespoons water
1 teaspoon butter
Shredded Mexican cheese blend
- Beat eggs and water in small bowl until blended.
- Microwave butter in a 9-inch glass pie plate on HIGH until melted, about 30 seconds. Tilt plate to coat bottom evenly.
- Pour egg mixture into hot pie plate. Cover tightly with plastic wrap, leaving a small vent.
- Microwave on HIGH 1 3/4 to 2 minutes. Do not stir.
- When top is thickened and no visible liquid egg remains, Season with salt and ground black pepper, if desired.
- Place half of the cheese on one half of the omelet. Fold omelet in half with turner; sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Microwave on HIGH 10 seconds or until cheese melts. Serve with salsa.
Makes 1 serving.
- The secret of success. A tight cover is essential to achieve a tender, easily rolled or folded omelet in the microwave. It makes stirring unnecessary, and it traps steam, which promotes even cooking.
- Microwave ovens vary. Cook times may need to be adjusted.
Note: Nutrition information per omelet includes 1/4 cup Mexican cheese blend, 1/4 cup salsa.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1 recipe): Calories: 293; Total Fat: 22g; Saturated Fat: 11g; Cholesterol: 407mg; Total Carbs: 6g; Fiber: 1g; Protein: 19g; Sodium: 784mg.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of the American Egg Board.