Mini Frittata Crostini
Recipe courtesy of the American Egg Board.
36 (1/4-inch) thin baguette slices
3 tablespoons olive oil
3/4 cup chive and onion spreadable cream cheese
6 large eggs
1/2 cup milk
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (4-ounce)
3/4 cup finely chopped zucchini
1/4 cup finely chopped red bell pepper
2 tablespoons finely chopped red onion
- For Crostini: Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Brush both sides of bread slices lightly with olive oil; place in single layer on baking sheets. Bake until lightly toasted, about 10 minutes; cool on wire racks.
- Reduce oven setting to 350°F (175°C). Coat 36 mini muffin cups (1 3/4 x 3/4-inch) with cooking spray.
- Beat eggs, milk, salt and ground black pepper in medium bowl until blended. Add cheese, zucchini, bell pepper and onion; mix well. Spoon about 1 tablespoon egg mixture into each muffin cup.
- Bake in 350°F (175°C) oven until just set, 10 to 13 minutes. Cool on wire rack 5 minutes; remove from cups.
- To Serve: Spread about 1 teaspoon cream cheese on each crostini; top with a mini frittata.
Makes 36 servings.
- Make Ahead: Crostini can be toasted the day before; cool completely and store in airtight container.
- Pressed for time Recipe can be made with purchased crostini.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/36 of recipe): Calories: 145; Total Fat: 5g; Saturated Fat: 2g; Cholesterol: 43mg; Total Carbs: 19g; Fiber: 1g; Protein: 6g; Sodium: 291mg.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of the American Egg Board.