PB & J French Toast
Grilled French toast stuffed with peanut butter and blueberry preserves, served with a fresh citrus and honey-sweetened banana sauce with roasted peanuts.
1/4 cup blueberry preserves
6 whole wheat bread slices - divided use
1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
3 large eggs
1/4 cup milk
2 tablespoons butter or margarine
1 banana, sliced
1 tablespoon honey
1 tablespoon orange juice
1 tablespoon dry roasted unsalted peanuts, chopped
- Spread preserves evenly over 3 bread slices. Spread peanut butter evenly over remaining bread slices. Press preserves and peanut butter slices together to form 3 sandwiches; cut each diagonally in half.
- In shallow bowl, combine eggs and milk.
- In large nonstick griddle or skillet, over medium-high heat, melt butter. Dip each sandwich in egg mixture to coat; transfer to griddle. Cook sandwiches 2 minutes on each side or until golden. Keep warm.
- In small bowl, combine banana slices, honey, orange juice and peanuts.
- Arrange sandwiches on platter; top with banana mixture. Serve warm with a dollop of vanilla yogurt if desired.
Makes 6 servings.