Popcorn Cereal Bowl
Freshly popped popcorn makes a quick and delicious breakfast cereal. Popular in Colonial America, popcorn for breakfast is fun and easy to prepare. Mix and match stir-ins! Create your own combinations!
1 package popped popcorn
Granulated sugar or cinnamon sugar, to taste
Optional Stir-Ins (see list below)
- Place popcorn in a bowl and add cold milk, just like any breakfast cereal.
- Add a teaspoon or two of granulated or cinnamon sugar, and your choice of stir-ins. Enjoy!
Makes 3 servings.
- Dried fruit such as raisins, dates, cherries, cranberries, and apples.
- Nuts, such as sliced almonds, toasted walnuts, pine nuts or pecan pieces.
- Fresh fruit such as bananas, strawberries, blueberries or raspberries.
- Go tropical with coconut flakes, dried papaya and pineapple pieces.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of The Popcorn Board.