Ranch-Style Brunch Eggs
Serve this easy egg, potato and cheddar cheese breakfast casserole with biscuits, fresh fruit and mugs of good strong coffee.
8 strips bacon
2 cups frozen hash brown potatoes
1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
6 large eggs
1 cup milk
Salt and ground pepper to taste
1/2 cup sliced green onion
- Cook strips of bacon in a large skillet until crisp. Drain, reserve the drippings.
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- In the same skillet sauté frozen hash brown potatoes until browned, about 10 minutes. Transfer potatoes to a shallow, greased 8-inch or 9-inch baking dish. Sprinkle with shredded cheddar cheese and lay bacon across top.
- In a medium bowl beat together eggs, milk, salt, pepper and green onions, pour over the bacon .
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until the center is set. Serve hot.
Makes 4 servings.