Rise and Shine Burritos
Vegetables don't usually show up at breakfast, but these burritos are a great way to squeeze an extra serving of veggies into your child's diet.
1 (16-ounce) can BUSH'S® Refried Beans or BUSH'S® Pinto Beans
1 tablespoon olive oil
8 large eggs, scrambled
8 flour tortillas
1/2 cup shredded, cheddar cheese
1 cup fresh tomato salsa (see Pico de Gallo)
1 avocado, diced
1 lime, juiced
1/2 cup sliced green onions
Salt and pepper, to taste
- Heat beans in a medium sauce pot. Set aside.
- Heat a non stick large pan over medium heat. Add olive oil and eggs, using a spatula, stir until eggs are scrambled. Season with salt and pepper.
- Spread or place 3 tablespoons of beans in the lower section of the tortilla, top with cheese and eggs. Place salsa and avocadoes on top. Garnish with sliced green onions and fresh lime juice.
- Fold in 1/2-inch on the left and right sides of the tortilla to help keep the filling inside as you roll the tortilla and filling from the lower end into a burrito.
- Warm completed burritos in the oven for 5 to10 minutes at 300°F (150°C).
Makes 8 servings.
Recipe and photograph provided courtesy of Bush's Beans, through ECES, Inc., Electronic Color Editorial Services.