Silver Dollar Corn Pancakes
Serve these mini corn pancakes for breakfast or brunch with applesauce or maple syrup and a side of crisp smoked bacon or glazed ham steak.
3 large eggs
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 tablespoon milk
1/4 cup yellow cornmeal
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 (7-ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained well
- Beat eggs, oil and milk in large bowl until blended.
- Mix cornmeal, flour, baking powder and salt in small bowl. Add to egg mixture; stir just until dry ingredients are moistened. Stir in corn.
- Heat a lightly greased large nonstick skillet or griddle over medium heat until hot. Reduce heat to medium-low. Spoon 1 tablespoon portions of batter into skillet; cook until golden brown, turning once.
Makes 4 servings.
Serving Suggestion: Serve with black bean salsa as a side dish in a Mexican meal.
- Always pre-heat skillet or griddle before cooking pancakes. Pan is hot when drops of water sizzle and dance on surface.
- Cook pancakes in batches. Serve immediately or keep warm on a plate in a low (200°F) oven until all batter is used.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/4 of recipe): calories: 217; total fat: 11g; saturated fat: 2g; polyunsaturated fat: 5g; monounsaturated fat: 3g; cholesterol: 140mg; sodium: 527mg; carbohydrates: 20g; dietary fiber: 1g; protein: 7g; vitamin A: 231.0IU; vitamin D: 32.6IU; folate: 53.5mcg; calcium: 69.6mg; iron: 1.7mg; choline: 96.7mg.
Recipe and photograph provided courtesy of the American Egg Board (AEB) and Egg Nutrition Center (ENC).