Smoked Fish Omelet
Recipe courtesy of Seafish, the UK Sea Fish Industry Authority www.seafish.org.
12 ounces smoked haddock or cod fillet, skinned and cubed
2 tablespoons sunflower oil
1 small onion, chopped
1 zucchini, cubed
1 (10-ounce) can potatoes, halved
2 large eggs, beaten
4 tablespoons low-fat cream cheese, softened
- Preheat broiler.
- Heat oil in a non-stick frying pan. Add onion, zucchini and potatoes. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes
- In a small bowl, combine eggs and low-fat soft cheese.
- Add fish to cooked vegetables and cook 4 to 5 minutes on low heat.
- Add egg mixture and cook for 3 to 4 minutes.
- When lightly set, place pan under broiler and cook 3 to 4 minutes, until omelet is set and golden brown.
- Serve with crusty bread and a green salad.
Makes 3 servings.
"From sea to plate, Seafish delivers expert knowledge, skills and support which help the UK seafood industry secure a sustainable and profitable future."
Recipe and photograph courtesy of Seafish, the UK Sea Fish Industry Authority www.seafish.org.