Spanish Omelet Tortilla De Patatas
Recipe courtesy of Dario Lagoa, Executive Chef at Café Iberico in Chicago, Illinois.
4 large Idaho® potatoes, peeled and sliced
1 large onion, diced
6 large eggs
Olive oil, as needed
Salt to taste
- Preheat 2 to 3 tablespoons oil in a skillet; add sliced potatoes and diced onions. Cook slowly over medium heat. Turn
- occasionally until potatoes are tender.
- Beat eggs in a large bowl with a fork. Salt to taste. Drain potatoes. Add potatoes to beaten eggs.
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in large skillet. Add potato-egg mixture, spreading quickly. Lower the heat to medium-high. When potatoes
- start to brown, carefully put a heat-resistant plate on top of skillet and flip. Add another tablespoon of oil; return omelet to
- pan and cook for about 2 more minutes to brown on the other side.
Makes 4 servings.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of the Idaho Potato Commission.