Watermelon Donuts - Easy Breakfast Fun
Recipe courtesy of the National Watermelon Promotion Board.
Red seedless watermelon cut into slices shaped like donuts
Granulated sugar to taste
Vanilla extract to taste
- Cut out donut shapes from 1 1/2-inch thick slices of seedless watermelon.
- Sweeten sour cream with sugar and a touch of vanilla extract to taste.
- Frost half of the watermelon donut slices and sprinkle with almonds.
- Add another layer of watermelon slices and top with sweetened sour cream.
- Sprinkle toasted slivered almonds and serve.
Makes 6 servings.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of the National Watermelon Promotion Board.