Almost Better Than Love Cake
This cake is also called by other names. Whatever you want to call it, this cake is really good.
1 (18.25 ounce) package butter-type yellow cake mix
1 (20-ounce) can crushed pineapple
1 cup granulated sugar
1 (3-ounce) package vanilla pudding
1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
2 large bananas
1 (8-ounce) package nondairy whipped topping
1/2 cup nuts
1/2 cup shredded coconut
- Bake cake according to directions. Cool. Punch holes in cake with the handle of a wooden spoon.
- Mix pineapple with juice with sugar. Boil for 5 minutes; pour over the cake while it is still warm.
- Mix pudding according to package directions and combine with cream cheese, mixing well.
- After the cake has cooled pour pudding and cream cheese mixture over cake.
- Place banana slices on top of pudding mixture.
- Spread whipped topping over bananas.
- Top with nuts and coconut. Keep refrigerated.
Makes 12 servings.