Citrus Chocolate Fudge Cake
A fabulous citrus-infused chocolate fudge cake, laced with chocolate chips and pecans, and drizzled with chocolate glaze.
2 ounces semi-sweet chocolate, chopped
3 ounces cream cheese
1 (18.25-ounce) package Devil's Food cake mix (with pudding in the mix)
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
3 large eggs
1 cup Florida grapefruit juice
1/2 cup corn or vegetable oil
2 tablespoons orange liqueur
1 (12-ounce) package semi-sweet mini chocolate chips
3/4 cup finely chopped pecans
3 ounces semi-sweet chocolate, chopped
1 tablespoon butter
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease and flour a 12-cup Bundt® pan.
- Melt chocolate and cream cheese in 2-quart saucepan over low heat. Stir until blended. Set aside to cool.
- Place cake mix and cinnamon in mixing bowl.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs, grapefruit juice, corn oil and orange liqueur. Add to cake mix along with the cooled chocolate mixture. Beat about 3 minutes.
- Stir in the chips and pecans. Pour into the prepared pan.
- Bake 55 to 60 minutes, or until cake tests done. Let sit in pan 10 minutes before removing to rack to cool.
- For Glaze: Melt 3 ounces of chocolate and butter in 1 1/2-quart saucepan. Stir until blended. Drizzle over cooled cake. Allow glaze to set before serving.
Makes 12 servings.
Recipe provided courtesy of The Florida Department of Citrus.