Orange Pineapple Cream Cake
A moist mandarin orange cake with a creamy vanilla pudding, pineapple and whipped topping frosting.
1 (18.25-ounce) package yellow cake mix
1 (11-ounce) can mandarin oranges
4 large eggs
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 (4-serving size) package instant vanilla pudding mix
1 (20-ounce) can crushed pineapple, undrained
1 (8-ounce) container nondairy whipped topping
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease and flour 2 (9-inch) round cake pans; set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all cake ingredients and beat with an electric mixer on medium speed for 2 minutes. Pour batter into prepared cake pans.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until tested done when wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool cakes in pan for 10 minutes on wire rack. Carefully remove cakes from pans and cool completely on wire racks.
- Split cooled cakes in half horizontally to make 4 layers.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine pudding mix and crushed pineapple, stirring for 1 to 2 minutes. Fold in whipped topping. Spread between layers and frost the cake.
Makes 12 servings.