Ruby Red Grapefruit Cake
This moist and delicious, ruby red grapefruit cake is tinted pink, making it party-perfect for birthdays, baby showers, etc.
1 (18.25-ounce) package white or yellow cake mix
1 cup ruby red grapefruit juice, fresh squeezed or from the carton
1/2 cup vegetable oil
4 large eggs
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/8 teaspoon red food coloring
1/4 cup powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Combine cake mix, grapefruit juice, oil, eggs and vanilla in a large mixing bowl. Beat with electric mixer on low speed for 1 minute until blended; beat 2 more minutes at medium-high speed. Beat in red food coloring until well blended.
- Pour into greased and floured 12-cup Bundt® pan.
- Bake 45 to 50 minutes or until wooden pick inserted into center comes out clean. Cool in the pan on a wire rack 20 minutes; invert onto wire rack and cool for additional 30 minutes.
- Dust with powdered sugar before serving.
Makes 12 servings.