Double Decker Fudge
Doubly delicious, double decker peanut butter and cocoa fudge.
2 cups peanut butter chips
1/2 cup butter, melted
1/2 cup instant cocoa
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
4 1/2 cups granulated sugar
1 (7-ounce) jar marshmallow creme
1 1/2 cups evaporated milk
- Set aside in a mixing bowl 1 cup peanut butter chips.
- Blend in another bowl 1/4 cup melted butter, instant cocoa mix and vanilla until smooth. Stir in the remaining peanut butter chips.
- In a heavy saucepan, combine sugar, jar marshmallow creme, evaporated milk, and 1/4 cup butter. Cook, stirring constantly, over medium heat until the mixture comes to a rolling boil. Boil and stir for 5 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and add half of the cooked sugar mixture to the reserved peanut butter chips, blend until the chips are melted; spread evenly in the greased 13x9x2-inch pan.
- Add the other half of the cooked sugar mixture to the cocoa mixture. Blend well. Spread on top of the first mixture, but do not mix. Cool. Cut into 1-inch squares.
Makes 117 (1-inch) squares.