Milk Chocolate Fudge
Smooth, creamy milk chocolate and marshmallow fudge.
1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
2/3 cup evaporated milk (a 5-ounce can)
2 tablespoons butter
1 1/2 cups miniature marshmallows
1 (12-ounce) package milk chocolate chips
1/2 cup chopped nuts, toasted* (optional)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Line 8x8x2-inch baking pan with foil. Butter foil. Set aside.
- In a heavy medium saucepan, combine sugar, evaporated milk and butter; cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, to a full rolling boil. Boil, stirring constantly, for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat; stir in marshmallows, chocolate chips, nuts, if desired, and vanilla, stirring until marshmallows are melted.
- Pour into prepared pan and refrigerate until firm.
- Cut into 1-inch squares. Store tightly covered in a cool place.
Makes 64 (1-inch) squares.
*To toast nuts, place in a shallow baking pan. Bake in a preheated oven at 350°F (175°C) for 10 to 15 minutes or until nuts are lightly browned, stirring occasionally. Cool.