Sandra Lee's Cinnamon Kettle Corn
This is a quick and easy recipe that's sure to satisfy the urge for both something sweet and salty. If children will be helping make this treat, be sure to supervise closely as the syrup/candy mixture is extremely hot—it is best that an adult prepare and work with the sugar mixture (hot syrup)—and let the kid's make the microwave popcorn!
2 (3-ounce) packages microwave popcorn
4 tablespoons butter
3 tablespoons water
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- First, simply prepare popcorn according to the package directions. Then, pour popcorn into one or two large bowls remembering to allow plenty of room in your bowls to toss popcorn with the hot sugar mixture.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, melt butter and then, add water and sugar. Bring the mixture to a boil and cook for 3 to 4 minutes. Now stir in cinnamon.
- Next, remove the sugar mixture from the heat (be careful, it will be very hot).
- Pour half the sugar mixture over your popcorn and carefully toss with wooden spoons.
- Add remaining sugar mixture and combine.
Makes about 8 cups.
Recipe provided courtesy of www.facebook.com/febreze; through ARA Content.