Fried Chicken Breasts
Seasoned and breaded chicken breasts are first browned and then finished cooking in the oven.
4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
1 cup bread crumbs
2 large cloves garlic, minced
1 tablespoon minced flat-leaf parsley
1 tablespoon minced fresh tarragon
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
1 large egg
3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
3/4 cup all-purpose flour
3 tablespoons olive oil
4 fresh tarragon sprigs for garnish (optional)
- Between two pieces plastic wrap, place chicken and pound gently to even thickness.
- Line baking sheet with wax paper.
- In shallow dish, mix together bread crumbs, garlic, parsley, tarragon, salt and pepper.
- In another dish, beat egg with mustard.
- Place flour in third dish.
- Dredge each chicken breast in flour; dip in egg and then bread crumb mixture, covering completely and patting so crumbs adhere. Place on baking sheet (can be prepared ahead, covered with plastic wrap and refrigerated several hours or overnight).
- Place oil in large nonstick oven proof fry-pan; heat over medium high heat. Add chicken and brown well on both sides. Transfer to a preheated 350°F (175°C) oven and bake just until chicken is cooked through, about 7 minutes, turning once.
- Transfer to serving plates; garnish each with tarragon sprig, desired.
Makes 4 servings.
Recipe provided courtesy of the National Chicken Council. Used with permission.