Chicken Dijon Penne
Buttery, sautéed chicken and penne pasta tossed in a pungent Dijon cream sauce with fresh herbs.
6 chicken breast halves, boneless and skinless, cut into 1-inch cubes
Kosher or sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter
2 cups heavy cream
1 pound penne pasta, cooked according to package directions
1/2 cup Dijon mustard
3 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley
2 tablespoons minced fresh chives
- Season chicken with salt and pepper. Melt butter in large skillet over medium-high heat until bubbly. Add chicken and stir-fry until tender, about 3 minutes. Remove from skillet and set aside.
- Add cream to skillet, stirring to blend well. Bring mixture to boil. Reduce heat and simmer until mixture is reduced and slightly thickened, about 5 minutes.
- Whisk mustard into cream mixture.
- Return chicken to skillet, reduce heat to low and cook until heated through; do not boil.
- Place hot cooked pasta in large serving dish, spoon chicken mixture; add parsley and chives and toss thoroughly.
Makes 6 to 8 servings.