Grilled Tomato & Mozzarella Chicken
"This recipe is flavorful and easy to make, and served with buttery rice or a baked potato and a salad, this makes a wonderful summertime meal." Recipe submitted by Christine Shekell.
1 pound fresh thin sliced skinless and boneless chicken breast (cutlets)
1/4 cup olive oil
1 tablespoon onion powder
1 clove garlic finely chopped
1/2 tablespoon parsley
1 teaspoon ground black pepper
Dash of salt
3 small tomatoes sliced
8 ounces of Sorrentos Mozzarella Cheese*
A few toothpicks broken in half and soaked in water for 20 minutes (to keep them from burning)
- Mix the olive oil, onion powder, garlic, parsley, pepper, and salt in a small bowl.
- One by one take the chicken, lay it out flat and brush each side with the mixture.
- Put one slice of tomato followed by one slice of mozzarella cheese on one half of each piece of chicken.
- Fold the other side of the chicken over the tomato and mozzarella so it completely covers the pile and secure with toothpicks.
- Place chicken on grill and cook for approximately 4 minutes on each side. It will cook quickly!
- Set the chicken aside and let it rest for 10 minutes.
Makes 6 servings.
*Other brands will work, but it must be a block of cheese) sliced and cut to match the size of sliced tomatoes.