Pumpkin Walnut Stuffed Chicken Breasts
This terrific recipe for Pumpkin Walnut Stuffed Chicken Breasts was submitted by Linda Kay Drysdale of Riverview, Michigan.
4 chicken breast halves, boneless, with skin
1/2 cup canned pumpkin
1/4 cup Italian seasoned bread crumbs
1/4 cup raisins
3/4 cup coarsely chopped walnuts - divided use
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
2/3 cup apple butter
2/3 cup bottled Italian dressing (fat-free or regular)
- Gently pound chicken breasts to even thickness.
- In small bowl, mix together pumpkin, bread crumbs, raisins, 1/4 cup of the walnuts, salt and pepper. With skin side of chicken down, place 1/4 of the mixture in center of each breast half. Wrap chicken around mixture and fasten with wooden pick. Arrange chicken in shallow baking pan, seam side down, skin up.
- In small dish, mix together apple butter and Italian dressing; pour over chicken.
- Place in 350°F (175°C) oven and bake about 50 minutes, basting frequently with pan juices, until fork can be inserted in chicken with ease.
- Garnish with remaining 1/2 cup walnuts.
Makes 4 servings.
Recipe provided courtesy of the National Chicken Council. Used with permission.