Carrot Spice Cookies
Gluten-free carrot spice cookies, this recipe calls for rice flour, a plus for those who cannot eat foods containing wheat.
1 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup margarine, softened
1 cup shredded carrots
1 cup raisins
1 large egg
1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
2 tablespoons molasses
1 teaspoon alcohol free vanilla or 1 teaspoon vanilla powder
2 1/2 cups rice flour
1 1/2 teaspoons allspice
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- Cream sugar and margarine in large bowl. Add carrots, raisins, egg, applesauce, molasses and vanilla; mix well.
- In a large bowl, combine rice flour, allspice and baking powder; slowly stir flour mixture into other ingredients and mix until well blended.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls, 2 inches apart on lightly greased cookie sheets.
- Bake in 350°F (175°C) oven 10 to 12 minutes or until cookies are set and lightly browned.
- Remove from baking sheet while still warm. Cool on wire rack.
Makes 4 dozen cookies.
Recipe provided courtesy of the USA Rice Federation.