Chocolate Mini Chip Holiday Cookies
These fun cut-out cookies are dotted with mini chocolate chips and topped with frosting and a drizzle of melted chocolate for a special treat.
1 cup butter or margarine, softened
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/3 cup granulated sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 large egg yolk
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
2 cups NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Mini Morsels - divided use
1 (16-ounce) container prepared vanilla frosting, colored if desired
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Beat butter, brown sugar, sugar, vanilla extract and salt in large mixer bowl until creamy. Beat in egg yolk. Gradually beat in flour. Stir in 1½ cups morsels. Divide dough in half. Cover; refrigerate for 1 hour or until firm.
- Roll half of dough to 1/4-inch thickness between two sheets of waxed paper. Remove top sheet of waxed paper. Cut dough into shapes using cookie cutters. Lift from waxed paper; place on ungreased baking sheets. Refrigerate for 10 minutes. Repeat with remaining dough.
- Bake for 9 to 11 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely. Spread with frosting; pipe with melted chocolate.
- To Pipe Chocolate: Place remaining ½ cup morsels in heavy-duty plastic bag. Microwave on HIGH (100%) power for 45 seconds; knead. Microwave for 10 seconds; knead until smooth. Cut tiny corner from bag; squeeze to pipe chocolate.
Makes 3 dozen cookies.
Recipe and photograph are the property of Nestlé® and Meals.com, used with permission.