Cranberry Shortbread Cookies
A crisp-tender shortbread cookie laced with bits of finely chopped dried cranberries.
1 1/4 cups butter, softened
1 cup confectioners/powdered sugar
2 1/4 cups all purpose flour
1 (6-ounce) package Craisins® Original Sweetened Dried Cranberries, finely chopped*
- Preheat oven to 325°F (160°C).
- Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Mix in the flour, a little at a time, until combined. Stir in sweetened dried cranberries.
- Cookies can be made into balls or flattened.
- To make round cookies, roll dough into 1-inch balls. Place 1 dozen at a time on ungreased cookie sheets. Bake 15 to 17 minutes. Remove from sheets; cool slightly and dust with additional powdered sugar.
- To make flat cookies, form dough into 1-inch balls as directed above. Using the bottom of a glass dipped in granulated sugar, flatten balls on cookie sheet, making rounds 2-inches in diameter. Bake 12 to 14 minutes. Cool.
Makes 6 dozen cookies.
*For orange-flavored cookies, use Craisins® Orange Flavor Sweetened Dried Cranberries and 2 teaspoons grated orange peel.
Recipe and photograph provided courtesy of Ocean Spray Cranberries, Inc.