Malted Milk Cookies
Every bite of these chocolate malted cookies will remind you of the taste of a creamy, old-fashioned ice cream malt.
1 cup butter, softened
3/4 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cup brown sugar, packed
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 large eggs
2 (1-ounce) squares unsweetened chocolate, melted and cooled
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup instant malted milk powder
1 cup coarsely chopped malted milk balls
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the butter with an electric mixer on medium to high speed for 30 seconds. Add the sugar, brown sugar and baking soda. Beat the mixture until combined, scraping the sides of the bowl occasionally.
- Beat in the eggs, melted chocolate and vanilla until combined. Stir in the flour until just mixed. Fold in the chopped malted milk balls.
- Drop dough by rounded teaspoonfuls about 2 1/2-inches apart onto an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake in a 375°F (190°C) oven about 10 minutes or until edges are firm.
- Cool on cookie sheet for 1 minute. Transfer cookies to a wire rack to cool completely.
Makes 3 dozen cookies.