Tea Leaf Sugar Shortbread Cookies
Buttery shortbread cookies with the subtle flavor of tea.
1 1/2 cups unsalted butter (3 sticks)
1 cup C&H Baker`s Ultrafine Pure Cane Sugar™
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 tablespoon tea leaves, loose, such as Earl Grey
3 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 teaspoon salt
1 large egg mixed with 1 tablespoon cold water for eggwash
1/4 cup C&H Baker`s Ultrafine Pure Cane Sugar™ for rolling
- Cream butter, sugar and vanilla together. Add dry tea. Add flour and salt, mix well.
- Roll dough into 2 logs about 1 and 1/2-inches in diameter and about 12-inches in length. Wrap logs in plastic wrap and chill for at least one hour.
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Unwrap chilled dough and brush with eggwash mixture. Roll logs in Baker’s Sugar. Slice dough into 1/3-inch thick cookies and place one inch apart on baking sheets.
- Bake until lightly golden around the edges, about 15 to18 minutes. Cool completely.
Makes 5 to 6 dozen cookies.
Tip: Dough will keep in the freezer for up to one month.
Recipe provided courtesy of C&H Sugar Company, Inc.