An easy tropical cheesecake with a vanilla wafer crumb crust and macadamia nuts.
1 cup vanilla wafer crumbs
1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
2 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
1/3 cup granulated sugar
2 tablespoons milk
2 large eggs
1/2 cup chopped macadamia nuts
Chopped fresh pineapple or canned crushed pineapple, drained for garnish (optional)
Sweetened flaked coconut, toasted for garnish (optional)
- Combine vanilla wafer crumbs and melted butter; press onto the bottom of a 9-inch springform pan. Bake in a preheated oven at 350°F (175°C) F for 10 minutes.
- In a bowl, combine softened cream cheese, sugar, and milk, mixing at medium speed with an electric mixer until well blended. Add eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Stir in chopped macadamia nuts and pour over the crust.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 350°F (175°C) F for 45 minutes.
- Loosen the cake from the rim of the pan; cool before removing from the pan. Chill.
- Serve slices garnished with fresh pineapple and a sprinkling of toasted coconut.
Makes 12 servings.