Apples & Cinnamon Cheesecake
Apple cheesecake with an oat-nut crust, topped with tender apple slices and an apple cinnamon glaze.
1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon butter, softened - divided use
1/4 cup light brown sugar, firmly packed
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 cup quick oats
1/4 cup finely chopped nuts
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
2 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
3 large eggs
1/2 cup frozen apple juice concentrate, thawed
2 medium cooking apples, cored and sliced
Apple Cinnamon Glaze:
1/4 cup frozen apple juice concentrate, thawed
1 teaspoon cornstarch
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- For Cheesecake: Preheat oven to 300°F (150°C).
- In small bowl, beat 1/2 cup butter and sugar until fluffy. Add flour, oats, nuts and cinnamon; mix well. Press firmly on bottom and halfway up side of 9-inch springform pan. Bake for 10 minutes; set aside.
- In large bowl, beat cream cheese until fluffy. Gradually beat in sweetened condensed milk until just mixed. Add eggs and apple juice concentrate; mix well. Pour into crust in pan.
- Bake 45 minutes or until center springs back when lightly touched. Cool.
- In large skillet, cook apples in remaining 1 tablespoon butter until tender-crisp. Arrange on top of cheesecake; drizzle with Cinnamon Apple Glaze. Chill. Store leftovers covered in refrigerate.
- For Apple Cinnamon Glaze: In small saucepan, combine apple juice concentrate, cornstarch and cinnamon and mix well. Cook and stir over medium low heat until thickened.
Makes 10 to 12 servings.